Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas tree felt board

Christmas tree felt board with lights
For this Christmas tree felt board i started with a cork bulletin board and wrapped it with blue felt. I bought a premium wool-viscose blend for all the felt as it is more durable and cuts and holds its shape nicer. I then added the background layer of snow.
I bought a small set of Cool touch LED lights that operate on a timer. 6 hours on then 18 off so that they come on at the same time every day and automatically shut off. I used hot glue to secure the light string to the blue background in a zig zag then designed the tree to lay over that. I used spray contact cement to stick the tree and the stump to the board. I woukd suggest going over all the edges with hot glue to make permanent.
I used a seam ripper to poke small holes in the tree felt right where the lights sit.

Lastly i added the bottom layer of snow to hide the wire. I secured the battery pack to the back of the board with hot glue and added little rubber feet to the lower edge to keep the board from sliding.

who says a christmas tree can't have a tractor and a cow?
 
felt board christmas stocking sock matching game

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, or I have missed anything, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer. I would also welcome leaving a link or picture of your completed project!