Friday, August 8, 2014

Cartop carrier makeover - Another Krylon for plastics paint project


After completing the little takes car makeover and having success with the Krylon for plastics spraypaint I decided to tackle painting an old car top carrier that a friend had donated to me.
This time i tried the Krylon clear coat over it and i have a few notes from that process.
1: the Krylon clear coat does not have the same spray nozzle as the other cans and is more tricky to get an even coat.
2. It says to spray on within the hour or after 12 hours. If you are spraying over a metallic paint wait until the next day as otherwise if you overspray the clearcoat just a little it will cause the metallic flecks to float and pool.
Otherwise it all worked out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, or I have missed anything, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer. I would also welcome leaving a link or picture of your completed project!